6.27.2006

I Ate Enough to Last Me Until Next Year

So last Thursday was my birthday - 27 years old. I am getting much closer to 30 than I care to be. But as one of the guys I work with said last week (he's a whole 24 years old), at least I am married and have a child already! LOL

Apparently when you get older (or act older as I guess we do), you celebrate your birthday by going out to meals (lunch or dinner) with friends to visit rather than going out for drinks. As such, I ate so much that I thought I would never have to eat again. All of the meals were great and amazing, so I really can't complain but I really don't have to eat much of anything again until next year. Especially when I have to fit into a bathing suit in front of my entire office (that's another story) in a few short weeks. Oh well! Here is what my weekend consisted of:

Thursday lunch: Sushi with my boss and co-worker & Paciugo (yum!) for dessert
Thursday dinner: Salt Grass with Austin (and Cooper!)
Friday lunch: Ridiculous amount of food from Truluck's with my co-worker while tasting the menu for an upcoming dinner party
Friday dinner: Benihana's (my FAVORITE!) with Austin's family & Joey
Saturday lunch: CozyMel's with Diana & Bern and Austin & Cooper
Saturday dinner: Shady Oaks BBQ with friends
Sunday we finally took a break from eating a bit and grilled salmon for dinner so I could detox a bit. Today, I am having my final birthday meal with another co-worker and then I'm done with the eating for a little while! :)

Other than that, my birthday was great! I wanted to get a newer, smaller digital camera so I asked for money/gift cards and was able to get an AWESOME camera with the help of my family and Austin's family. Plus I had gotten clothes and scrapbook stuff from my parents, a beautiful necklace and tickets to Oklahoma from Austin, and lots of other great things. I was very blessed and loved! :)

Now if only I could convince myself that working out was as fun as going out to eat! ;)



5 Comments:

Blogger Mo said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

June 27, 2006 10:43 AM  
Blogger Chastity said...

Happy birthday! I'll be 27 next month too...gah I hate it too!

June 27, 2006 1:33 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Yeah I understand that- after a huge dinner of steak and all that on our anniversary Jay wants to get up and take pictures...Im like dude I feel SO fat right now- must we really take pictures now? Then he proposed and I forgot all about feeling fat- until I looked at the pictures later....propose BEFORE stuffing your face!

Happy Birthday, enjoy your treadmill! :)

June 27, 2006 2:33 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Happy Birthday Hon!

June 27, 2006 3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - way to celebrate! We're in the same boat, what with the feeling older than we want to be and the eating and eating and eating and not wanting to work out. :(

June 29, 2006 7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home